Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Home again.

I step out of the airport. The air is thick with moister, the noises of the city and the crickets work together to make an oddly comforting symphony and I know that I am home.

It is odd, I used to hate this place. The humidity was unbearable, the people drove me insane and the bugs were horrible. But as the years have gone by and I have gone to other places and have grown in many different ways I realize all the merits this place has, I begin to miss it more and more every-time I leave and I cant help but feel comfort when I step out into the sticky air once again.

Its not so much the place itself I miss but the people here. My best friend Kylee has been there since I was a little girl and she was there waiting for me at the airport, it was so amazing to see her after more than a year! In fact I am at her place at this very moment as I write, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have missed her bluntness and her sweet, sweet heart. It takes a little while to get used to her personality but once you do there is no replacing it. I will soon see my family whom I have missed very much. I get to see their new girlfriends/wives and I get to see my beloved nephew Erich who brings tears of joy to my eyes every time I see him. And as I write this blog I realize that it isnt really the place that I miss at all, but the love around me, the comfort of knowing that no matter what happens I have several people willing to do anything for me.
I have the great blessing of a close dear friend that understands me better than anyone and a relationship with my family that some people only dream of. I know that I am blessed and I thank God everyday for it, I would be incredibly ungrateful if I didn't.

Isn't it amazing how much we take for granted while we are young?I mean I am not trying to pretend I am wiser than I am. I know that there are still many things I take for granted and I think that most everybody takes somethings for granted. . But as I look back on my teenage years, those foolish, funny years, I wish I had taken more time to just take a deep breath and enjoy my surroundings instead of looking towards the next tomorrow, when I was young that's all there was. .  and to some degree its still like that.

All I can try to do is take moments like these, when I actually see all I have and how happy I actually am and try my best to hold onto it until the next moment rolls along. We spend so much time focusing on our furture that we forget to be happy with our present and I dont want to look back on these times when I am 30 and think "Wow, I was so ungrateful and stupid!" Which I know I will to some degree. . everyone does.
But my hope is that maybe I'll be able to lessen it and appriciate this place and my life a little more.

Sorry about the somberness of this post and the back and forth feel of it, just one of those thinking nights I guess. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Love this girl! I felt the same way when I came home. Just burst of gratitude. Love it and live it! You never know when it can all be taken away. Miss you! Glad you are home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsta. Babay. POST AGAIN. This is not a request, it is a command. DO IT.

    ReplyDelete